Monday, December 01, 2008

Tower of Power!

Kenzie came up from surgery to the ICU unit at 6:00 pm.  Time spent between then and nowhas been coming up with the right combination of drugs to manage her pain, and keep her sedated enough to ignore the ventilator that and sorting out the tangle of lines and cords coming off from her.  

The doctors have been able to turned the ventilator down a click or two (that's a medical term, really, I swear!) as she is doing some of the breathing on her own.  As drugs wear down, mom and dad are recruited bedside to help calm her until the next dose can be administered and take effect.  We're just wondering when the next dose will be administered to mom and dad!  We are hoping for a relatively restful drug induced night and look forward to some more alert moments tomorrow. 

Thank you all for your out-pouring of love and support!  We have received so many heartfelt notes, emails, text messages, facebook posts!  I (mom) just wish ya'll weren't so nice, it makes me cry!!!!!  (kidding, well, not the crying part they actually do make me cry but in a good way!)  

Thank you, Thank you, thank you!  Good night and sweet morphine induced dreams to all.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you guys ALL day! I'm so glad she's out of surgery and on the road to recovery! I hope you all get some rest tonight.

Carole

Anonymous said...

I also thought about you guys all day. Hope there is good sleep for you.
S.

Anonymous said...

I've been too worried to check!! So glad I finally did. I am sooooooo happy!! It seems like it could not have gone better!! She is such a ROCK STAR!!!! Much love to you Mom and Dad!! Sweet, sweet dreams! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sue

Anonymous said...

I went to bed praying for all of you, I woke up praying for you, my thoughts were with you all day-sure wish you had moved here so I could do something physical for you - give hugs, clean the house, make a meal, watch A & B,- but all I can do is share your story and pray, pray, pray. You and Eric are amazing parents - which also means you are an amazing couple. We need more of you in the news! Real heros. May you two get a well needed rest tonight and Mackenzie too. Nathaniel sends his smile, his love and his joy to her in hopes it will help ease the pain. We've asked God to send extra Angels to watch over her in the hospital and keep her company. Love, Wendy Sue