Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Good Morning Sunshine!

We all had a fairly restful evening!  This morning Kenzie has woken a few times and quickly returned to sleep but I have had a few moments with her where she was alert and aware.  And if you know Mackenzie well enough, what's the first thing she's asking for? FOOD and WATER!!!  She is still on the ventilator but more and more frequently she is taking breaths on her own and leaving the ventilator in the dust.  I know this because I am an expert on all the equipment and can read all the charts and graphs buzzing around in here, ha ha, right!!!  

Seems like we have a nice pain relief cocktail is mixed.  We'll hear from the general surgery team early this morning about the chest tube (possible removal, she had 2 x-rays through the night).  Later this morning we'll see the ortho team (they get to sleep in I guess, their job is done). :)   

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear all is going so well - sounds like the hard part is now behind you. You are such an inspiration - all of you! Your strength, courage and humor are truly the model of what "great" looks like. All my love to Kenzie for a speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about all of you yesterday, and I'm so glad to see that everything has gone well. Know that you are all in my thoughts. Love to Mackenzie
Holly