Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Okay, I know I just woke-up but did he say what I think he said????


We could be going home today?!  All those folks out there still knocking on wood...Keep it up, bloody knuckles and all!  We found out the fever was caused by a UTI.  Easy to fix.  Overnight last night, fed up with the N/J tube she managed to work/pull it out.  Reinserting the N/J tube requires an appointment with floroscopy so we'll go it on our own and hope she keeps eating well.  So far a piece of buttered toast is on board and the oatmeal and scrambled eggs just arrived.  

She has been moving and walking and unable to decided which end of the bed gives the best view so changes ends about every 20 minutes.  These are some pics from this morning's walk where the ortho docs found us.  They are campaigning for us to go home today too, encouraged by the fact that over 50% of the time they try to see us in our room, we're not there. 

Greeting everyone that passes by:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best news of the day!
S.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I've knocked on all the wood I can find and said many, many prayers. I even knocked on Uncle Dennis' head for extra luck!

Aunt Peggy

Jenny M said...

I'm so glad McKenzie is going home! I have enjoyed working with her so much at the horse barn. Love and good wishes to you and your family.

Jenny Muehling, one of McKenzie's sidewalkers on Sunday mornings at Coventry