Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Happy Birthday Mackenzie!


Although she was exhausted, she practically crawled off the bed to see her baby brother and get her birthday kiss from him!


What do you mean I can't eat cake?!  Forget it, I'm going to sleep!


Kenzie had an Upper GI done today and I got to see what I would characterize as a massive obstruction in her belly (I counted five screws high:  see x-rays from previous blog).  It has been described to me that when correcting this large a scoliosis curve, the major arteries that leave the spine at the level of the base of the stomach can sometimes put pressure on the upper intestine. We'll be taking the next steps to help her along tomorrow.  Doctors are eager to try the least invasive procedures available as the first step.  So am I!  Keep your fingers crossed for success.

She had a wonderful time seeing family this evening, celebrating her birthday.  However, the best gift she received today was a very well loved sweater from Addie!  Addie, you passed the love along, thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The birthday that I thought would be such a bummer, turned out to be a great family celebration. what a way to cheer up our little girl during her too long hospital stay! The kisses for baby brother were precious.

Love, Grammie S.